Roasted Squash & Double Cheese Quesadilla Recipe
1 autumn squash
Grated sharp cheddar cheese
Red pepper flakes
2 tsp olive oil
- Ahead of time, slice and season your favorite autumn squash. Toss in a little olive oil and roast on a sheet pan at 400 degrees until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Gently warm some tortillas and fill with a little goat cheese, some sharp grated cheese and the squash slices.
- Gently fold each in half and fry in a hot skillet with a little oil until crisp on one side, about 2 minutes. Press down with a spatula to keep the fold if needed.
- Top with a little more grated sharp cheese and flip, frying another 2 minutes. This creates a cheesy crust on the outside!
- Eat right away drizzled with a little honey and a pinch of chili flakes for some heat!