Adobo Chipotle Pepper & Autumn Squash Taco Recipe
1 large autumn squash
2 tsp olive oil
2 canned chipotle peppers
2 tbsp adobo
10 6” tortillas
- Peel, seed (reserve the seeds) and slice a large autumn squash into 1” thick wedges. Butternut works great.
- Rub down with olive oil, salt, two canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, sliced, and about two tbs of the adobo depending on how hot you like things.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and roast at 375 until tender and browned, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the seeds and toss with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and ground cumin.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and add to the same oven, toasting for about ten minutes, until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Warm the tortillas. Top each with a few wedges of the roasted squash and toasted seeds.
- Finish them off with some crumbled goat cheese, a squeeze of lime and cilantro. Enjoy!