Maitake Mushroom Tacos
1 oz cilantro
3 tbsp olive oil
1 lb whole mushrooms
6 6” tortillas Salsa Verde
- In a large mixing bowl combine about 1 oz finely chopped cilantro with the juice of 1 a lemon, and about 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and chili flakes - adjusting the acid and oil to your liking.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Arrange 1 lb. whole mushrooms in a single layer and let them sear, undisturbed, until browned on one side. About 4 minutes. Flip them over with tongs to cook on the other side, and season with salt pepper.
- Meanwhile, warm six large tortillas over a low gas flame or in a low oven. When the mushrooms are done, transfer immediately to the bowl and toss with the salsa verde.
- Divide the mushrooms evenly among the tortillas and drizzle any extra sauce on top!